December 2, 2020
It’s the most wonderful time of the year here at Mustard Seed. How special it is to reflect on Advent with your special little ones! Please read below for important December updates.
Christmas Program – December 8th and 9th
Mustard Seed proudly presents our Christmas program, B is for Bethlehem, in the CCC Worship Center. This is a new program put together by our very own Ms. Lynelle! She even wrote some of the music. We are excited to share it with you. We have a new performance format this year, so please carefully read the details below.
- Each class will individually perform their program for their class families during the day on Tuesday or Wednesday, December 8th or 9th. Be sure to check your class newsletter for your performance day and time.
- Masks are required in the building.
- Attendees should park in the church lot facing Hillsboro Rd. and enter the church at the front church doors under the steeple.
- Attendees will wait in the lobby outside the Worship Center doors until it is time for their class performance. We ask that you keep social distance while in the waiting area.
- Performance attendees will be required to sit socially distanced. When you enter the Worship Center please sit in seats not blocked off by markers.
- Attendees, including siblings, must stay seated in designated seats until it is time to exit the Worship Center. Families should not leave their seats to take photos. Teachers will take a class picture before the program to share with parents.
- When the performance is over, attendees will exit the Worship Center through the exit doors leading outside to the north church property.
Happy Birthday Jesus Parties on Tuesday & Wednesday, December 15th and 16th.
Please turn in your pizza order forms to your child’s teacher by December 9th. Pizza must be preordered. Extra slices will not be available the day of the party.
Mustard Seed will be closed for Christmas break beginning December 17th until January 4th.
Mustard Seed Merchandise
Mustard Seed merchandise makes great stocking stuffers! Check our social media pages for examples.
Catechism/WhoOo Made You? CD’s are $15 each or a set of all 3 for $40
Green child sized MSP T-shirts are $10
Grey child sized MSP T-shirts are $5
November 1, 2020
From Holly Davis, MSP Director:
This month at Mustard Seed we will be talking with the children about thankfulness.
As we count our blessings, we are thankful for you, our Mustard Seed families! We are so grateful to come along side you and be a part of these important developmental years in your child’s life. Thank you for sharing your precious children with us each week!
The next two months at MSP will be busy and fun. Our Thanksgiving and Christmas programs will be different this year due to COVID, so please make sure you read the updates below for important information.
MSP Closed for Election Day and Thanksgiving Break
·Mustard Seed will be closed for Election Day on Tuesday, November 3rd
·Mustard Seed will be closed November 23 – 27 for Thanksgiving Break.
Picture Day: Thursday & Friday, November 5th & 6th
Curtis Wright will be taking pictures for us again this year.
Subscribe to RainedOut to receive texts from MSP
We will communicate time sensitive important information such as school closures via text through RainedOut. Subscribe by texting Mustardseedpreschool to #84483. You will not incur any costs or fees by using this service. Please sign up, so you will not miss out on important information.
Thanksgiving Feast: Thursday & Friday, November 19th & 20th
*We will hold our Thanksgiving Feast in the Event Center this year for MSP students and staff only.
*6 classes will attend at a time, and the tables will be spread out to follow social distancing guidelines.
*Mustard Seed will provide all the food this year.
*Parents will be asked to donate $3 per child to help cover the cost of food.
*The Thanksgiving Committee will provide a parent volunteer from each class to serve the food to their class only. This is to keep in step with our cohort plan.
*You may send in a lunch from home for your child if you prefer.
*After the Feast, classes will parade down the breezeway on their way back to class (weather permitting). Parents will be able to see their child in costume on the parade route. Please see your weekly teacher newsletter for the time of your child’s parade.
*Parents can sign their child out after the parade and take them home if they prefer.
Christmas Program: Tuesday & Wednesday, December 8th & 9th
MSP classes will individually perform a Christmas program for their families during normal school hours in the Worship Center on Tuesday or Wednesday, December 8th or 9th. Please see your weekly teacher newsletter for the specific day and time of your child’s performance. More details will be communicated in following weeks.
Check out C3 Kids Choose your Own Adventure Box
C3 Kids is offering families a Choose Your Own Adventure Kit that includes supplies and instructions for eight hands on devotions that families are raving about. Click here to register and learn more. https://christcommunity.org/c3-kids/
COVID-19 Wellness Policy Reminder
We at Mustard Seed are staying diligent in following our COVID-19 management plan, and we are thankful it is working. With the recent increase in cases for our area we want to remind our families of the daily screening questions for our COVID wellness policy. These are posted each morning with your classroom sign-in clipboard. All parents must read these daily at drop off. If you are unable to answer “no” to all questions your child should not attend school. Please note the questions apply to you and your child. Anyone who is in quarantine from a potential exposure is not allowed at drop-off or pick-up. We appreciate your diligence in this process as well.
Daily COVID Screening Questions
*In the last 14 days, have you or your child been in close contact with a person with a suspected or confirmed diagnosis of COVID-19?
*In the last 48 hrs, have you or your child had shortness of breath, an unusual cough, sore throat, or other flu-like symptoms?
*Have you or your child had a fever of 100 degrees F or greater (without fever reducing medication) in the past 24 hours?
*Have you or your child had new loss of taste or smell?
*Have you or your child had vomiting or diarrhea in the last 24 hrs?
September 25, 2020
From Holly Davis, MSP Director:
Fall is finally in the air here at Mustard Seed! Your children have been learning so much this past month at school. They have learned to recite the Lord’s Prayer and many verses of scripture. Last week in devotions the children learned that God is everywhere, and He is always caring for us. Thank you for the privilege of partnering with you in the growth and development of your precious children. We love our Mustard Seed families!
Fall Break is Thursday and Friday, October 8th & 9th. There will be no school on these days.
- Parent-Teacher conferences will take place on October 22nd for students in T/TH and T/W/Th classes, and on October 23rd for students in T/W/Th/F and W/F classes. There is no class for students on the scheduled conference day.
- Parent-Teacher conferences will be held in-person in MSP classrooms. Teachers and parents will be able to sit 6 ft apart for the conferences. Due to COVID-19, we will not be able to offer childcare this year for conferences.
- An ideal parent-teacher conference is one where the student is not present, so the parent and teacher can candidly and openly discuss a child’s needs. For this reason, we encourage families to secure childcare for their student for their scheduled conference time; however, we do realize that is not a possibility for every family. If it is necessary for you to bring your child to the conference, they will remain in the classroom with you during your scheduled time.
- All adults will need to wear face coverings that cover the nose and mouth per our COVID-19 policy.
Friends of Mustard Seed Community Events
October 1st Parent and sibling meet-up.
Please come and join us after morning drop-off for fellowship and sibling play at the Fieldstone pavilion and playground. When you leave MSP drop off, turn LEFT onto Hillsboro Road and go to the first light and turn LEFT into Fieldstone Park and the pavilion and playground will be on your RIGHT.
MSP Mom, Lisa Fiedler (615-603-6211) will be there to meet you!
Friends of Mustard Seed Community Coffee
Join us on October 20th and 21st in the C3 parking lot after drop-off for coffee and fellowship. More details coming soon!
Christ Community Forum – How to talk to your kids about race.
Speaker: Dorena Williamson
Wednesday Evening, September 30, 6:30–7:45 pm
We have a great opportunity to reflect the heart of the Father as we teach children about race and ethnicity. This session will help us remove barriers that hinder necessary conversations, and guide us toward cultivating young hearts that celebrate kingdom diversity. Author Dorena Williamson will present and leave ample time for your questions.
LIVE – Christ Community Church Worship Center — Limited to 100 people, Childcare not provided
VIRTUAL – You will receive a link prior to the event
For more information and to register for the event: https://christcommunity.org/forums/.
August 31, 2020
From Holly Davis, MSP Director:
We are so excited to welcome all of our students back to school this week! School starts Tuesday, September 1st . This week your children will learn that God made them and all things for His glory. We will be looking for God’s glory in all things throughout our entire school year. Be sure and ask your child each week what was in their class mystery box.
Here are some reminders for our first week of school:
Snack and Water Bottle
This year, in addition to sending a lunch, please send your child with his or her own snack and water bottle each day.
Morning Drop Off
• Drop-off begins at 9:05 AM under the breezeway at the back of the church. Look for the long brown awning.
• Park in the second and third parking bays. The first will be blocked for safety.
• All adults must wear a mask.
• After parking, walk your child to the breezeway and locate your child’s teacher. Read through the COVID-19 screening questions, and then sign your child in on your class clipboard. It is helpful if you bring your own ink pen.
• Please exit the breezeway quickly after you sign your child in. Parents should not linger to help us reduce potential COVID-19 exposure.
• AT 9:15 AM breezeway drop-off will end. Children arriving after 9:15 AM will need to be walked to the side, exterior MSP door.
Afternoon Pick Up
• Afternoon dismissal is held via carline beginning at 1:15 PM.
• Everyone picking up a child must have a placard displayed. Let us know if you need additional placards.
• Do not exit your vehicle until both lanes of traffic have completely stopped moving.
• No cell phone use in the car line after 1:10 PM.
• Hold your child’s hand until you reach your vehicle.
• Please bring your own ink pen for signing your child out.
Tuition is due on the 1st of the month and late after the 10th. A 10% late fee will be assessed after the 10th. Auto draft for September will be pulled on September 2nd. October through April auto draft will be puled on the first business day of the month.
If you are paying with check or cash please send it in your child’s folder in an envelope addressed to the MSP Office. You may also pay via PayPal at www.mustardseedpreschool.com/payment and choose the “tuiton” tab and the correct choice for your child. There is a service fee included.
You may sign up for auto draft at any point during the school year by contacting email@example.com by the 20th of the month. If you pay via autodraft there is a $5 per month savings over the published rate.
COVID-19 Tuition Policy
Mustard Seed is working hard to follow guidelines that will allow us to remain open all year. Should closures be required as outlined in our COVID Management Plan the Mustard Seed Advisory Board has set the following tuition policy in place:
• If Mustard Seed is open at all during the month, tuition will be collected as normal. For days missed during that month, teachers will provide packets, activities, etc… to families.
• If Mustard Seed is closed for the entire month, tuition refunds will be offered. MSP staff will not be paid, and no activities will be sent to families.
• At the end of the school year, the MSP Advisory Board will review if extenuating circumstances should warrant additional tuition refunds
Thank you for entrusting your children to us this year. We are looking forward to a great year together!
August 25, 2020
From Holly Davis, MSP Director:
Please watch this video of Ms. Holly and Ms. Sarah sharing helpful parent information for the upcoming school year. We recommend you watch the video before attending Open House. There are several changes to our procedures this year. Please watch the video, even if you have previously participated in multiple Mustard Seed Parent Nights.
August 5, 2020
From the 2020-2021 MSP Advisory Board:
The Mustard Seed Advisory Board is looking forward to this upcoming school year. Mustard Seed is set to open and welcome children on September 1st. Due to the presence of the COVID-19 virus in our community, things will look a little different at Mustard Seed at the start of this school year. New protocols are being put into place to protect our staff and families from the virus and keep our doors open as much as possible. These new protocols follow recommendations from the CDC and were developed with guidance from parents, staff, members of the medical community, the Williamson County Health department, and Christ Community Church leadership.
As we began researching what protocols needed to be put into place, two key elements became apparent in helping us not only mitigate the risk of spreading the virus, but also keep our doors open this school year: 1) Limiting the number of adults on our hallways and in our classrooms. 2) Keeping our small classes as contained as possible. As you read through the attached plan to understand what changes will be put in place for the upcoming year, please keep in mind that if directives from state, local, or church leadership should change, our procedures would change accordingly. Please read the attached plan in its entirety, but here are some of the key operational changes you will see this year:
New Wellness Policy
- Parents will be asked to daily monitor for COVID symptoms among members of their household and check their child’s temperature at home each morning. If your child has a fever or exhibits any symptoms of illness, please keep them home. When in doubt, stay home.
- Parents will be asked a series of health screening questions each morning at drop off.
Parent Night and Open House
- Parent Night will be virtual. Information from MSP administration will be sent via video. Your classroom teacher will email parents specific classroom information.
- Open House will be by appointment. Each family will have a designated 15 minute time slot to see their classroom, meet with their teacher, and pick up their folder.
Morning Drop Off
- Drop off will now take place outside under the long brown awning at the back of the church. Only one parent should attend drop off. After signing your child in, please quickly exit the drop off area.
- Devotions will be held in classrooms this year.
- Classroom schedules will be arranged to eliminate the intermingling of classes. A new outdoor play area will be utilized this year so only one class will be on the playground or at the outdoor play area at a time.
- Children will not be required to wear face coverings.
- Staff will not be required to wear face coverings inside their classrooms.
- Parents and staff should wear a cloth face covering or disposable protective mask at drop off, pick up, or anytime they are around Mustard Seed staff.Face coverings must cover the nose and mouth.
We appreciate your patience and cooperation as we prayerfully work together to keep our Mustard Seed community safe and healthy. Although changes are necessary this year, our focus and mission will not change. We remain dedicated to providing your children a grace-based education that is biblical and committed to the content of the covenant life in the church. We are moving forward in faith, trusting the Lord to reveal Himself and His glory to our Mustard Seed community this year.
The Mustard Seed Advisory Board
Holly Davis, Director
Teresa Hardy, Chairperson
Wally Knox, Interim Chairperson
Becky Clark, CCC Director of Children’s Ministry
April 25, 2019
From Kristin Henke, MSP Director:
We’ve got great news! After a comprehensive and prayerful search process, we are pleased to announce the appointment of Holly Davis as the next Director of Mustard Seed Preschool. Holly began working at MSP two years ago and has led a 4’s classroom this year. In addition to a B.A. in Music and an Early Childhood Teaching certificate from Agnes Scott College, she has many years of experience teaching preschoolers and elementary students in a variety of public and private settings.
Holly enthusiastically states “What an honor and privilege it is to be the next Director of Mustard Seed Preschool! I am excited to work alongside Mustard Seed teachers and families to provide a quality education where children learn of God’s love and grace through the truths of scripture. I look forward to getting to know all of our precious seedlings and their families over the next months.”
Holly, her husband Shawn, and their two teenage sons have been members of Christ Community Church since 2016. During that time, Holly has been active in both the Children’s and Worship ministries. Her love for music will continue to shape the way she leads devotions at MSP. In her free time, she enjoys spending time with her family, and she has been active in PTA leadership at several schools.Throughout the selection process, Holly demonstrated a passion for the MSP community, curriculum, and mission.
Holly will begin her new role on May 13, allowing adequate time for a smooth transition.
March 5, 2019
From Kristin Henke, MSP Director:
It is with a heavy heart but also confidence in the Lord’s plan that I have decided to make this semester, Spring 2019, my last as Director of Mustard Seed Preschool. It has been a joy and a privilege to lead our school and serve alongside teachers, shepherding children to taste, see and feel the love of Jesus. After taking the summer off, I will likely move onto a position in Social Work or Human Resources.
Christ Community Church’s Ministry Director is spearheading a search team for a new Director, who will in turn hire a Curriculum Coordinator to work in the office alongside Sarah Hathaway, our veteran Assistant Director.
The link to the job descriptions for Director and Curriculum Coordinator is at https://christcommunity.org/mspjobs/
Interested applicants for the Director position can email Becky.Clark@christcommunity.org for more information.
January 7, 2019
Dear MSP Families,
We are looking forward to seeing you and your students back on our hallways starting this week on Tues/Wed Jan. 8/9. We will be welcoming some new students in our 3s and 5s classes as well.
Childcare Licensing Safety Rule: For Morning Sign in Sheets, New policy: You will notice there is now a place for you to print the name of the person who is picking up your child. Parents can write “Mom” or “Dad” but if it is another person, such as a friend or babysitter, please write in that person’s name (or have them write it if they are the ones dropping off.) Then at dismissal, that pick-up person will need to sign their first and last name, rather than just initials.
After Care will resume on Tues. January 8th on Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 1:30 – 2:45 pm. If you need another After Care form, please email Sarah.firstname.lastname@example.org and she can send one to you. Extras will also be on the table outside our office.
Hangers for Car Line Placards have been successful in helping car line move faster. Please be sure to arrive on time (and avoid late minutes!) as the car line will likely end sooner due to the efficiency of using the hangers to hold the placard on the rearview mirrors.
In Devotions, we will be talking about how Adam and Eve were our first parents, and how God promises that in Christ, our souls last forever. We will compare things that wear out and do not last, with things that are forever, like God’s love.
MSP Tour & Preview Days for interested families for 2019-2020 will be held Th/Fr Jan 24/25. If you have been pleased with our program, please share this with your friends! Promotion will also be on our website www.mustardseedpreschool.com and on our Facebook and Instagram pages. (@mustard_seed_preschool) Folks can RSVP to Sarah.Hathaway@christcommunity.org or visit www.mustardseedpreschool.com for more information about Tour & Preview Days.
~We are thankful for each of you as we begin this new year together.